#1 Ranking in 3 Categories on Kindle for 3 books!



Like most authors, I have done a ton of writing over the years.  The unlucky part for me is that I like to write by hand with a pen and notebook, which means I have to spit it all out onto the blank page, and then turn around and type it up.

I've tried writing at the typrewriter, and I can, but it lacks some of the emotional urgency that I think handwriting can.  Or maybe it's less sensual than the pen, and who on earth would think writing every genre BUT adult writing would be sensual.

As I start type up, talk to text and hire out the thousands of pages of scribbled words, I keep running across little "gems" or stories I wrote a long time ago, but never followed up with.  What's a guy to do?  Dust 'em off, type 'em up and turn 'em into anthologies, or novellas or small ebooks and market them on Kindle.

In the month of September, I put 5 new titles up on Kindle, which brings my total to 7.  In Sci Fi, I had a top 20 bestseller, and the sales have continued to trickle in.  What I am most proud of though is today.

Today I have 3 best selling books in 3 seperate categories on Amazon Kindle.  That's pretty darn good.

How to Lifehack KDP Publishing #1 on How To!

And Surprise of surprises, a script of a novel moved straight up to #1 in Performing Arts/Screenplays with hardly any promotion!!

The Maid of Orleans

So what's it like to be a "Best Selling" Author in 3 categories?  Well, I haven't had to lock the doors yet.  I hope it means more people are reading the work and liking it, and want to see more.  

I do see an uptick in sales, and downloads of other works, but I don't see an increase in reviews, which I'd like.

More important than anything though, being a best seller is one of the most motivating factors in the world to keep writing, keep promoting and keep plugging away.

There are enough readers in the world, that you can slowly find your tribe, those folks who really like your style and what you write.  Find a couple thousand of those out of a billion and you're doing all right.  Here's to the search to do a little bit better than all right.

Thank you to everyone who helped push me to #1 in 3 categories today.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series