How good are you at asking for help?


How often do you ask for help?

One of the biggest problems I have is asking for help for anything.  I remember when my ex-wife and I decided to move back from California after my first daughter was born.  I flew her and the baby back to her parents house in Arkansas, then flew back to California, rented a 27 foot truck and proceeded to load an entire 3 bedroom duplex into the back of the truck by myself.  After a day of loading, I climbed in the truck and started the 2000 mile cross country trek alone.  And when we arrived, I would have unloaded by myself until a back spasm hit and knocked me to the ground.  Even then I still limped around picking up lighter boxes and smaller things all the while favoring my right side.

It's crazy and I wish I knew where it came from. It's a fear, I know, almost a phobia.  Maybe I'm afriad people will see me as weak.  Maybe I'm afraid that by asking for help, I'll owe something.  I've spent some time meditating on it but have yet to crack that source code on my training/programming that makes me this way.

That's just moving, but it moves over into every area of my life.  If I want to learn something, I hit the internet. I'm constantly reading, and working to make myself knowledgeable.  I study.  I practice.  I work hard at it.

And then I spout platitudes about working smarter.  I'll try to model my business after a successful person I want to emulate.  I'll try to do the things they say, and do, working on the hacks and shortcuts by learning from their lessons.
Until it comes to asking for help.

Then I freeze.

So here it is.  A big step for me.  You might be thinking it's so dumb not to ask, but seriously, my heart is pounding a little bit right now.

Can you help me with my book description on Amazon?  I've included a link to the books with their covers, and I want to make my descriptions "pop" and the best they can be.  So I'm opening it up to anyone who likes to read the description and offer me a better one, or tips to improve or steps to take to make it better.

I'm asking for help.  You can leave in the comments below, or you can email me lowrychris@gmail.com
and I promise to respond.  Thank you.

I'm hoping it gets easier to ask for help.  My next big thing is to email and ask for a mentor?! I hope I can do it soon.


                                 SILVER WINGS               
                                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series