Battlefield Z - Book One in the sci fi series


Fans of The Walking Dead are glad the AMC series is back on, but how do you fill the days between episodes?

How about a fifteen book series with six more titles to be released?

Join a father as he hunts for his lost children in a post apocalyptic wasteland where zombies aren't the worst things to survive.

Check out chapter one below:


A lot of heroes in books and movies are glib, sarcastic cynics who try to save the world despite knowing all about things that go bump in the night. I am rarely glib, fight cynicism like a bad head cold and like to think I make the things that go bump in the night check the closet before they go to sleep.
I am a world class bad ass in my own mind.
No one else sees me like this.
It could be the dad bod. I hate that the media picked it up and made it a big joke. Formerly athletic men gone a little soft in the middle. That's me. Big arms, big shoulders, big thick torso. I hit the gym and drink beer.
Sue me.
Actually don't cause I'm two ex-wives and three kids into child support so there really wouldn't be much you could get. Blood from stone and all that rot.
Still, I like my life.
Most of the time.
I live in a small subdivision north of Orlando, forty five minutes from the Atlantic Ocean to the East, and an hour and a half from the Gulf to the West. I run. I work, probably too much, and I have children who live out of state with my first ex.
Any money I don't have earmarked for living here goes to travel to see them. I do it once a month.
Or I did.
Til the ZomBggedon came. Or the Z files. Or the Z war's, whatever you want to call them.
I'm talking Zombies.
Capital Z.
No glib remarks here.



CHAPTER TWO




I'm a big fan of Zombie movies. I watched every season of The Walking Dead, sat through a couple of dozen showings of Day of the Dead, and even liked the new PR campaigns by Zombie advocates that made them soft and cuddly brain eaters in iZombie. Like a million other comic book loving Americans who grew up knowing about the Z menace, I was pretty sure I could handle any outbreak.
Ha.
Yes, that was me laughing out loud. I can even affect a British accent. Ha, I say.
When we first heard about it on the news, everyone said it was FLAKKA. Flakka is a drug made from smoking bath salts. Now who was the first idiot who took a look at the bath salts in crystal bottles and said, "Hey Dude, let's smoke that up?"
Seriously, it's no wonder we lost 6 Billion people in a year. People are stupid.
There was the case in Miami where the guy ate someone's face. The cops shot him.
Then folks got mad at cops shooting too many people, so they stopped using their weapons. That's when the guy in Tampa lost his mind.
I'm speculating here, because no one is really sure how it spread. Pockets of Z population popped up all over. News teams reported it. Cops and first responders got exposed to blood or the virus or bit.
Then the movies got it right.
Or maybe we've seen so many movies that the collective unconscious of the world created the symptoms and foregone conclusions.
Like I said, big dumb dad here, not rocket scientist. Miami. Tampa. By the time it spread to Orlando, reports were rolling in from all over the world. New York got hit hard. Atlanta. Los Angeles.
Texas was the worst due to three huge population centers. Dallas. San Antonio. Houston. Battlefield Z. Texas sized.
Big cities were nasty and fell quickly. Smaller towns emptied out as a scared populace fled for big cities. They were met by the waiting dead, so the infection spread.
It could have been life imitating art.
If it wasn't so damn ugly.



Grab the rest on Amazon. BATTLEFIELD Z

Comments