How to reach 1,000 fans in 24 Hours

Echo Dot (3rd Gen) - Smart speaker with Alexa - Charcoal


How to reach 1,000 fans in 24 Hours

I needed some cash.

Fast.

Isn’t that always the case?

I remember reading a book when I was younger that talked about opportunity.

Most people miss out for two main reasons.

They don’t have enough time to pursue the opportunity because they are working a 40 hour a week job, have a family, etc.

Or they don’t have the cash to make it happen.

Time and money.

Two things that are the main ingredients to building success.

It should be easier to create both now.

Take my book covers for example.

I have a guy in Bangladesh that builds my book covers.

I send him an order during the day on my time, and he wakes up and builds it on his time.

He works while I sleep.

I have the cover when I wake up the next day.

I can do the same with ten other tasks.

Reaching fans is another thing.

A fan is someone who will go into their pocket and give you money for your product.

Book promotion is a roller coaster ride of finding what works and it’s always changing.

Like shooting a moving target.

It’s probably like that in a lot of business.  A café is hot, until a new one opens up around the corner.

Finding what works and what sticks is the essential key.

For me, I think it’s 10,000 fans.  The die hard readers who like my writing, like my stories and buy what I write.

The cover has to be on point, the story has to work, and the price point has to fit in their budget.

I want them to buy 4-6 books from me per year.

10,000 fans who trade $8-$12 dollars a year.

It doesn’t seem like it should be hard.

Facebook has a billion users.  Instagram has a half billion.  Amazon is the world’s largest bookstore.

It seems like it would be easy to find 10,000 people in that sea.

Except it’s not.

If it was easy, everyone would do it.

There’s a selection process, plus algorithms at play. Facebook won’t show you to 10,000 people, even if you pay for it.  Neither will Amazon.

A business could go broke trying to find their fans and then where would they be?

It’s a delicate balancing act.

Maybe it starts with helping.

How can you help 1,000 people get what they want?

Then do it.

Like lose weight. It’s a perennial challenge.

Or make more money.  Everyone could use more money.

Or start a business, chase a goal, run a marathon, climb a mountain, overcome a fear.

Maybe the hardest part is finding what people want to do.

Because they want to do so much.

That’s the start.

Focus.

Find one person who likes what you do and wants to do it too.

Help them. The help one more. And another.

Pretty soon, you’ll reach 1,000.  Then 10,000.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series