It's time to get into Audible


I planned it two years ago.

How do I know?

I can see when I posted my first project to Audible.

I didn’t click post on the project, never interviewed narrators or listened to a dozen auditions to find just the right voice for the story I wanted to put up.

In those two years, I have written and published over seventy novels on Amazon in ebook form.

I have fifty of them available in paperback through the Zon.

But I missed the first wave of the audio tsunami.

I can check my journal, but I know two years ago, I thought about starting a podcast.

2019 was the year of the podcast, the year of Audible.

That market is expected to grow by almost forty percent this year.

So I jumped in.

What made me wait back then?

I got sacred. Some bad review from an idiot sitting in momma’s basement said something nasty. Then I had a down day, or down month in sales.

I got crapped on a couple hundred times in a couple hundred ways, either in the day to day job, or the day to day relationship or just the day to day poop we all go through.

I skipped that set of waves.

Which in hindsight was dumb.

I can argue with the ghosts of opportunity missed. Trust me, there are plenty of them.

But fighting with ghosts is about as productive as arguing with online Trolls.

Especially from a guy who knows better. Who knows there’s no one way to success, that there are hundreds of ways to make money from this career. Hundreds of ways to reach readers, and find listeners and turn all the upside down thinking rightside up.

I decided to do it this month.

I posted projects on Audible, and listened to auditions and today, I signed a contract with to produce the first book.

When it comes out next week, unicorns will march in the streets as pennies rain down from heaven.

And after that particular fantasy is complete, the work begins.

The marketing of the audible title, the building of a new email list of audio only customers, setting up links, and campaigns, building posts, ads on Amazon, ads on Facebook.

All the nitty gritty of behind the scenes business stuff that keeps the machine running.

Then title two, and title three, and so on all the way down to 70.

While I’m still writing, and working and living, because, life, you know.

I read a business guy who said, “If you can’t be everywhere, be where your customers are.”

Turns out, readers are everywhere.


Here are the places you can find me. Tell me where else should I go?


Amazon ebook(kindle unlimited, kindle) Amazon paperback Audible















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series