Do you have a Secret to Control the World?



I haven't been on a grand adventure since 2015 and my soul is itching.
No long runs to test the will, no overnight outings in the woods waiting to be kidnapped and turned into a Sasquatch mating toy.

Or Grizzly chew toy.

I missed floating within feet of a black bear eyeballing me for dinner and only realizing it a few yards downwind when the smell hit me.  Looking back over my shoulder into the dark soulless eyes of Teddy and seeing that he wondered how I would taste with a little sauce on the side.

But I've been thinking about it.

Wondering.

Planning.

Then it hit me.

Cross Country Car Camping.

And a video series to go with it.
But let me give you some background first.

I wanted to make movies once upon a time and even tried. I made a short film with my buddy Ryan that ended up winning an award. But like a lot of dreams in America, I let that one die because of dumb reasons.
I listened to people who didn't want me to succeed.
We do that a lot.
Surround ourselves with folks who don't want us to shine, don't want us to be better than them, who want us to stay the same.
Don't believe me?
Do a poll.  Share a wild and crazy dream with friends and check their reactions.
The one's who tell you that it's impossible or start to list off the reasons why you can't do it, are the small petty souls who need to get laid.
I stopped making movies. I stopped writing movies. I kept writing novels, which I've done since I was a teenager.
No matter how many people told me I couldn't do it, I would never succeed at it, that part I kept for myself.
Turns out I was right.
I was in Florida with my youngest daughter and we were just talking. It's amazing to have a conversation with her because we just "get" each other.
I shared some advice based on my own personal experience.
Life goes up, and life goes down and it's how you react in your slumps that define your character. Life had been down for me for a couple of years.
I got fired from a job I loved by a new boss who hated how fast I moved up there.
I got laid off from the next company when they shut down.
I tried to turn the writing business into a six figure job, and kept running into obstacles.
I was living in Arkansas, but not really living. I didn't run. I put on thirty pounds, I spent most days arguing, and I had to pick and choose which bills to pay after taking a job I hated just to make money.
In short, I was doing everything wrong.
My daughter asked me why and we analyzed it over ice cream.
I told her I stopped listening to my instincts.
My gut has been a good barometer for most decisions in my life. When I listened to my instinct, good things happened, and when I listened to other people's opinions, it quickly turned into a down time in my life.

Why do you think that is?

So i wondered if maybe I self sabotaged because I wasn't being true to my heart?

I read a ton about this.

If you believe in the secret, you can control the world around you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series