How are you doing?

Welcome to the quarantine.

I’m in AR today, and we are not ordered to shelter in place or stay home.  Yet.

The states around us are though, so I think it might be a matter of time.

I’m watching the world go nuts.

And if you’ve read BATTLEFIELD Z and thought to yourself, “There’s no way a zombie plague” would spread that fast, just look at human behavior in this.

A Z pandemic would wipe us out in about six weeks.

You can grab BZ COMPLETE (books 1 – 9) today if you missed it.

I’m so proud of our hospitals and the hundreds of ways I see people trying to connect, trying to fight, just trying.

I love the human spirit.

For me, work from home is normal, but I’ve been turned into a teacher and daycare for the 8 year old.

Since this would have been spring break, we’re doing spring break stuff.

But his momma works at a hospital, so she’s essential personnel.

My days are full of biking, hiking, cooking, cleaning, cajoling and one of the best basketball games ever invented HORSEDOG. (It’s like Horse, only 1000 times better.)

We’re back to online schooling next week, so maybe the schedule will be a little more structured.

I don’t remember being so “scheduled” when I was a kid.

My mom shoved us out of the door in the morning after breakfast with strict orders to come home when the streetlights came on.

Now, it feels like a constant need to stay stimulated.

I know I was bored when I was a kid. But I learned to make up stories and fall into books, and climb trees, and build forts.

We did a lot of daredevil bike jumps, and roaming, and sometimes, just sitting and talking crap. Kid crap at the time.

“Can we go somewhere?” is a phrase I hear a lot.

“Why is everything’s closed?”

“Can you play PS4?” “I’m bored.” “When is my mom getting home?” “She’ll take me somewhere.”

You’re all going through a version of it.  I just shake my head and try to laugh.

In the meantime, I’m doing a Kickstarter for a big project you can check out here.

But before you do that, how are you doing?

I’m going outside to play Horsedog, and then a hike by the lake before lunch.

But I’ll be standing back here by 1 if you want to email me.

Let me know what you need, besides books.
Are you doing okay?

I know a lot of you by name from previous responses, but I want you to know that when I lay my head down each night and say my prayers, you’re included.

My mamaw died many years ago, and I went to Pine Bluff to visit her and my Papaw’s graves.

As I stood over the headstones, I got misty eyed, and couldn’t swallow for a few moments.

Not just because I missed them, but because no matter where I was in the world, or what I was doing, I knew that one person, my Mamaw, said a prayer for me every night.

Her religion was strong, and she had regular discussions with God about her children and grandchildren.

I’m not a church guy. I’ve got lots of questions. But I still pray. I mostly practice gratitude.  Just saying thanks for how lucky I am.  Food. Bed. Roof. Body that works, even when it hurts.

Then I ask for peace and safety for my kids, listing by name. and you.  Thank you for my readers, for the people who are in this with me. I’m grateful I get to do this, and I want them to be safe, be well, and watched over.

I promise you’ll be included every night. I’ll keep checking on you.

Let me know how you’re doing.

Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series