How important is your Hook?


How important is a Hook?

What if 5 little words could make you $4 a day over and over again?

Maybe that’s too much to ask, but I made one little change to my blurb and it gave me $4 more dollars on a book in one day.

Yesterday.

Alright, I can hear you argue that 1 day does not a data point make, but this title was book 11 in a series AND was lost in the visibility chart.

I know why this happens. (from data)

But having refreshed the first series box set, I wanted to make sure readers carried on.

All I did was add a hook to the front of the blurb and bold it.

That’s it.

A hook is a tagline designed to entice a reader.

You know how they work from movies- my favorite is from alien.

“In Space, no one can hear you scream.”

How about from Dumb and Dumber?

“For Lloyd and Harry, every day is a no-brainer.”

There are tons of examples you can use, but the thing you need to remember is that you have to hook your reader fast.

A lot of blurbs try to tell the plot, try to give the reader a bunch of details.

But it doesn’t work that way.

I’ll go into details on that in another post, but suffice it to say, I’m refreshing all the HOOKS for every single one of the books I have on Amazon.

I’ll also adjust some keywords to include string phrases, but if I can do just $1 more per day from adding words, I’ll do it.  $4 per title? That’s like selling 1 more copy of each book.

And all I did was add a few words at the beginning of the blurb.

Go try it today and see what you can do.

Want some more examples?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

THE MARSHAL OF MAGIC – MYTH UNDERSTOOD