Lone Star Zombie - chapter sample from post apoc series


Lone Star Zombie - sample chapter insert


I ran to fight the rage.
There's no other way to describe it. Maybe the world was stacked against guys like me before.
Maybe it was the result of the genetic lottery, just ill luck and chromosomes.
I was mad.
The Scottish temper would come up on me in am instant, like a spark on a keg of gunpowder.
Guys like that didn't needs to be stronger, cause they were tougher, angrier and fought dirtier than anyone else.
Back then, it meant biting my tongue, a variation of the grin and bear it lifestyle.
The gurus would say, you only let people make you feel that way.
Learn how to frame it. Control it.
Running was the control.
It was a nozzle on the flames, one I could control with sweat and distance and exhaustion.
Until now.
The world was custom made for guys like me, after the Z.
The world was full of bad men who knew how to survive, how to hurt.
How to kill.
And I was one of them.
We can go North, Brian said.
Houston was that direction. I didn't like it.
The horizon was smoky smudged and menacing, like a wall of angry clouds squatting over the landscape.
I couldn't recall Houston's population, but it had to be a million plus.
That s a lot of damn zombies.
Okay, I agreed.
We would until we found a big road going west. 
Hopefully before we came too close to the city.


Get this book and 2 more free when you join us on Kickstarter



Comments