What did you think of The Martian?




I cut a potato in half.

Have you seen THE MARTIAN?

The Covid Crisis has me a little concerned about supply chains, and down a rabbit hole on conspiracy theories!

Notice we’re not talking about Epstein and his NYC connections anymore?

The supply chain though is real. I mean really real. Folks lining up in bread lines (which are modern food banks.)

And all I can think about is Mamaw and Papaw.

They weren’t preppers, but they were prepared for something like this.

A big garden on the side of the house, Another large garden on land in the country.

I’ve talked about growing beans (protein), and watermelons and cantaloupes and tomatoes.  Plus cucumbers. There were so many homemade pickles which taste 1000 times better than any classic Vlasik you could put in your mouth.

I still have trouble eating store bought jelly and jam because Mamaw’s was soooo good.

They didn’t grow potatoes though.

I think because that was all they had to eat growing up.

Potatoes and corn, both grown on plots at their houses.

Corn was ground into corn meal for bread, biscuits and Sunday chicken batter.  Potatoes were fried, almost always.
Filling. All natural. And easy to grow in a small space.

I don’t plan to mix up my water with waste to build nutrients in the soil on the red planet, but I am planting potatoes.

Not that I’m worried about food banks, or going hungry.

I know we’ll come out of the other side of this around May.

In fact, I think Cinco De Mayo this year will be a celebration of freedom unlike any seen in the US since VE Day.

Restaurants will open up again, there will be a second smaller wave of Covid related sickness as we build up herd immunity (those who avoided exposure the first time to mitigate the impact on hospitals will get sick. .017% will not make it.)

The numbers will start to be reported like flu as we move on to the Presidential election and economic numbers and the next crisis.

But I always ask what if…?

I’m not a prepper either.

Even if I’m a little prepared for a big rebound with tacos and cervezas, and a little prepared with salt and taters.

Stay safe.

Cheers!

Chris

PS. I have an installment in the BZ series for you. Grabyour copy of EXPOSED today. Shelter in Place to follow fast.

Also, help out with this project if you can.



Comments