Do you like free books?

 


 
So it begins.
 
I love the memes that talk about the time change back in spring.
 
There was a Full Moon.
 
And a Friday the 13th.
 
They’re hoping this weekend it’s a reset.
 
Full Moon again.  Time Change. Samhain.
 
Everything back to normal.
 
Sigh. If wishes were Meme’s, we’d all be laughing.
 
I think we’re going to have a new normal that shifts the way we live, and I don’t know if I’m going to be happy about it.
 
Just a lot going on right now.
 
Unless you’re an author.
 
Then not so much.
 
My author friends warned me that election time is tough on writers.
 
You want to rant about politics, but no one is reading.
 
Not books, not op-ed’s.
 
Cereal boxes are being read.  Maybe.
 
That’s the next horde item for our winter shutdown.
 
No one is reading books either.
 
I thought maybe I was immune this month.
 
I’ve had some great days so far.
 
Until today.
 
Everything tanked.
 
The last two days of any month are slow no matter what.
 
Add to it the election, and a change on the author portal on Amazon, plus the time change, Halloween, Full Moon and whatever else got dropped in the melting pot, and wham!
 
It’s Slow. Capital S.
 
Which makes me want to give.
 
Like today.
 
Do  you remember reading that new Sheriff magic mystery chapter? A lot of you called it Longmire as a wizard, which is a show I love and books I love to read (Craig Johnson), like taking two things that give me great pleasure and swirling them together.
 
I got the title of the book now.  OLD MAGIC.
 
And I did some work on it, and in the spirit of Trick or Treat, you can get the first part of it FREE and let me know if you think I’m on the right track.
 
The rest of it is out soon, and I think I’ve got the series outlined and done.
 
I have some other promises to keep and miles to go too.
 
What are you doing for Halloween?
 
What is your favorite trick?  Or do you give awesome treats?
 
Did you finish BATTLEGROUND? (book 2 in the new Dresden Duo?)
 
This weekend might be filled with worry. About hand wringing and wondering.
 
Probably lots of wondering about what the world is going to look like after Tuesday.
 
I don’t have words of wisdom to share.
 
The betting pool in Vegas has the odds 50/50, which if you think about it, is pretty much the choice in any situation.
 
Either it is.  Or it isn’t.
 
I can’t control Tuesday.  I can’t control Amazon updates, or shut downs or grocery store runs on baking goods.
 
I can listen to good music, and drink good beer, and read good books. I can make good runs, and eat a little better.  I can be kind to the people I meet, and share smiles and nice words.
 
And I can give more. Share more.
 
Here’s your start.  There’s more to come.
 
I hope your weekend is awesome.
 
Cheers,
 
Chris
 
PS. Want to find some more authors you might like?  Check out:
 
November Sci-fi and Fantasy Giveaway
 
You Should See Me In A Crown - Fantasy GG

One more from me: LOST WAGES - A Vegas Adventure

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series