Parallax - The Dipole Series Chapter Two
Chapter Two
"You know, it would be a lot easier to understand you
if you weren't wearing that flight suit," Tinker wiggled his eyebrows at
her.
"I can kill you in over eleven hundred ways,"
Junebug answered.
"Each more pleasant than the last," Tinker sighed.
"Ecstasy in your arms."
"What's wrong with you?" Mona Lisa barked.
"I'm going space mad with lust, love," Tinker
guzzled a jar of starshine and wiped his lips with the back of one hand.
"One of you could do a man a kindness and help me out."
"There is no such malady as space madness," said
the AI.
"Of course there is," Tinker said. "You just
wouldn't understand it with that logical computer brain you've got up
there."
"My processing matrix is a mix of organic matter and neural
pathways," Junebug explained.
Tinker waved one hand to shut her up and spilled a little
shine on the metal deck of the ship.
"Blah, blah, physics," he slurred. "Me horny.
You sexbot."
"One thousand and one hundred ways."
If it was possible for an android to sound pissed off,
Junebug was close.
"Look," Tinker squirmed in his seat as he searched
for a more comfortable position. "I know a place, not too far out of our
way. We could just stop by and say hi, you know. Get our beaks wet."
"That analogy is for the sharing of a bribe,"
Junebug said.
"Do you always have to be right."
"I do not always have to be right," she said.
"I am always correct."
"Human nature," he tapped his chest.
"Heart."
His hand moved down and patted his crotch three times.
"Soul. These things need to be fed."
"I wouldn't call that quite a thing," Mona Lisa
smirked. "Half a thing? Maybe a third."
"Bat!" Tinker called back into the hold. "You
just gonna leave me alone in this argument."
They heard the heavy clomp of boots on the deck as Bat
crossed from the cargo hold to the cockpit.
He glanced at Tinker, shook his head and snuffed.
"What?" Mona Lisa sat up straighter.
"We could use supplies."
"I thought we topped up at Kim's."
He shook his head.
"Someone forgot."
Tinker shrugged.
"I had other things on my mind," he shared a
wicked grin.
"Did you know we would be near this off the beaten path
place?"
"The galaxy's not such a big place once you get to know
it," he said.
"The galaxy is approximately-" Junebug started.
"It's a feeling," he interrupted her. "I'm
talking about people. Human connection. Male, female interaction."
He leered at Mona Lisa, shifted ot to Junebug.
"You planned this?" Junebug asked.
Tinker finished off the jar of shine as an answer.
"You want to program in the coordinates love, or want
me to do it."
Comments
Post a Comment