Who said it best?


I think the Stones said it best.
 
You can’t always get what you want.
 
But if you try sometimes…
 
You know the rest.
 
Or you should.
 
Sometimes what we want isn’t exactly what we need.
 
I thought Fall fell here, but it’s headed up to 80 degrees every day this week.
 
We’re promised a cool down by Saturday which coincides with a trip I’m taking to the Ozarks.
 
The weathermen are predicting snow.
 
Just an inch or two, so nothing too dramatic. A pretty dusting and maybe a few moments of muted silence as the flakes coat everything with a fine layer of microscopic ice.
 
I’d love it if I could lock myself to a table by a window and crank out a few words.
 
Alas, I am going for adventure and fun times.
 
There are plans for an indoor waterpark and an outdoor amusement park.  There are hopes for a pipe rail ride down the side of a mountain, weather dependent.
 
And I had suggested a thirty mile trip north to a snowboard/ski facility that uses fake snow and along hillside for tubing, boarding and more, but that might be reserved for another weekend away.
 
What I do know is I’ll be masked most of the time.
 
And wondering if this is the last little trip for awhile.
 
I went back and searched notes from earlier this year.
 
I was looking for a new title for a new collection I’m putting out next week.  BRAVO ACTUAL is coming for you and I’ll send you a link so you can get your copy.
 
Then Temporary Merc – ROGUE should be ready for you.
 
I saw a dozen other notes for titles, series and ideas.
 
I have to write them down or I’ll forget.
 
That might be my favorite part of travel.  Not the writing down, because that’s why I have talk to text, but the thinking.
 
The ideas.
 
I turn the music on low, and let my eyes wander over the landscape.
 
Keep a good check on the rear view, on the side view and a watch for blue bubbles on black and whites.
 
Then I let it wander.
 
Sometimes nothing happens.
 
Which is a kind of meditation in itself.
 
Sometimes the music and the soda and the surroundings all mix up and tug at the ether at the base of my skull and ideas bubble up.
 
Plans. Hopes. Stories.
 
Not always what I want. But most of the time, what I need.
 
I hope your week is incredible.
 
If you haven’t picked up your copy of IRON RATIONS, you can today free.
 
And stay sharp for BRAVO ACTUAL link coming soon.
 
Plus, if you get the chance, could you do me a favor and leave a review on REPROBATE or any of the books you’ve enjoyed?  A few words helps.
 

 
PS. Want more good books for bad weather? (is it really bad when you get a chance to curl up with coffee and something to escape into?)
 
Check HERE and HERE.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series