Can I get Amazon Prime in Outer Space?




Here’s what I know.

 

Elon Musk is building the future for another planet.

 

If it helps here on earth, so be it.

 

But in the space race between the man who will colonize Mars and the man who revolutionized commerce on planet Earth, who will be the first one to reach the stars?

 

Bezos.

 

Jeff Bezos is blasting off, and Amazon will never be the same.

 

His company Blue Origin is ready to send a manned rocket up and Bezos is on board, with his brother.

 

Now think about the timing for a moment.

 

Amazon is a huge company, and has literally changed the way people shop and defined customer experience.

 

It has altered the workplace and provided millions of jobs across the country.

 

It has inspired the world’s largest retailer (WAL-MART) to move into the ecommerce space, and it has provided a platform for millions of small businesses to sell globally.

 

I am one of them.

 

My media company publishes and sells merchandise on the platform.

 

Bezos announced his retirement for Amazon effective in July, a few weeks before he blasts into outer space.

 

Outer space travel is dangerous.

 

Blue Origin has had a few accidents on the launch pad where rockets exploded.

 

His rival, Space X has had a few notorious bad landings and at least two explosions on takeoff.

 

Maybe more.

 

Did Bezos retire from his role at Amazon just so he could go into space?

 

I think he did.

 

I think he’s hedging his bets against a possible outcome.

 

I also think he’s fulfilling a childhood dream.

 

He has always wanted to go into space, has outlined his plans for commercial space travel, has even hinted at a colony on the Moon before Musk on Mars.

 

Which leaves me to wonder.

 

Where will the Amazon driver leave my order on the Lunar Base?

 

I don’t have the 2.8 million dollars to buy a ride into space yet.

 

I’m working on it, though.

 

Maybe I’ll buy a bunch of Amazon stock if there is an accident on the Launchpad during lift off.

 

If something happens to Bezos, the price per share will tank, and I’ll pick up few with options, making a bet on the price going up again.

 

And if everything goes smooth (I bet engineers and scientists are putting in some overtime to make sure it does), I think the stock price will go up again.

 

Yeah, I know, Blue Origin is a different company, and the investing crowd is a fickle herd.

 

Bezo’s retirement day may see a drop in the stock price, and his rocket ride may be designed to take focus off of it. A success could make the price go up.

 

I bet Neil Armstrong didn’t have to worry about that stuff.

 

He didn’t have to wonder how his actions would impact the stock market.

 

He just had to beat the Russians to the Moon.

 

This one small step for Amazon’s founder is a good one.

 

This time, he’s beating a South African to space.

 

I just think it would be awesome if he took a Dogecoin with him and quipped that “not only was he the first founder in outer space, HE was the one to take Doge to the moon.”

 

Buckle up.  I wonder where the billionaires will take us next.


 <script data-ad-client="ca-pub-7670152130583219" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series