How to Steal the Best Ideas for Your Business

 



Somebody took My Buddy and made American Girl from it.

 

Or someone took the four foot walking talking dolly with rollback eyes and made My Buddy from it.

 

Ideas build upon each other.

 

Take American Girl.

 

A doll with expensive designer clothes, sparked a line of books, real girl clothes, movies, and a television series.

 

It’s not the first time.

 

Quick, how many ways did Hasbro make money off GI Joe?

 

Or was it Mattel?

 

That’s why I don’t believe it when people say they don’t know what to write.

 

I’ve got 80 things to write right now.

 

Maybe if you don’t know what you should write about, this isn’t really for you.

 

Sorry.

 

Baseball is not for me, even though I play catch almost every day.

 

I’m not good enough for the MLB.  I never was.

 

Maybe if I started when I was seven.

 

That’s when I started writing.

 

Maybe if I played ball as much as I told stories.

 

And even then, maybe not.

 

The role of gatekeeper has passed out of the hands of traditional publishing and gone straight away to where it belongs.

 

The reader.

 

They get to decide what’s worth reading now. Not some suit in New York.

 

You get to decide you want to write.

 

Then you sit down and write it.

 

Want a Hundred Ideas sent straight to your inbox?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series