Be not afraid




I am afraid.

Sometimes.  Or sometimes a lot.  I guess it just depends.

I was thinking about all the things I am afraid of.

Big snakes.  Alligators under me while swimming.

I am afraid of not being a good father.  I am afraid of not being a good enough friend.

Of not being successful.

Of not trying.

I am afraid of road rage in traffic and stray bullets.

I am afraid of being burned.

I'm afraid of getting older and getting slower and getting fat.

I am afraid of the pains in my chest and the pains in my stomach and the pains in my head, intermittent though they may be.

I am afraid of being trapped in one place.

I am afraid I won't see the Northern Lights.

I am afraid my kids will consider me a fun uncle more than their dad.

I'm afraid their stepdad did a better job that I could.

I am afraid of my ambition.

I am afraid of turning to the Dark Side.

I am afraid for the future of our country.

I am afraid for having too many things on my plate.

I am afraid of the dark in the woods when running alone.

I am afraid of being cold clocked by a black guy playing the knock out game.

I am afraid that no on loves me.

I am afraid of how much I know.

I am afraid of what that's cost me.

I am afraid of breaking my leg again.

I am afraid I won't do any more adventures.

I am afraid of how little control there really is in the world.

I'm afraid of how easy it is for me to be egotistic.

I'm afraid I am a constant throttle on my goals.

I'm afraid I won't be a good husband.

I'm afraid I won't get married again.

I'm afraid of failing so many times I forget how to win.

I'm afraid sometimes I'm too cocky.

I'm afraid I'm not brave enough.

I'm afraid of being successful.

I'm afraid of jabs, jibes and jeers.

I'm afraid that fear is the mind killer.

I'm afraid that meditation is not enough.

I'm afraid that I'm not enough.

Not good enough to be great.

That greatness is just beyond my grasp.

I'm afraid of blaming people for my shortcomings.

But every single fucking day

I try.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series