Nothing to be Afraid of Here


What are you afraid of?


“I’m afraid of success.”

How else do you explain self sabatoging behavior?

What else could it be?

The talent exists. I’ve got hundreds of reviews that say I can tell a story well.

I’ve got dozens of email from people saying I’m their favorite writer. Me? Somebody’s favorite?

I’ve had success before.

So why does it feel like I don’t deserve it sometimes?


It’s the biggest piece of the Amazon pie, and makes more six figure authors than any other.

I’ve read romance books.

Not the bodice rippers, but the suspense thrillers with a will they/won’t they vibe.

I’ve seen a lot of rom com’s.

I know the tropes, know how it’s supposed to go.

I’ve even got nine romantic comedy suspense scripts written.

The words are there!

So why don’t I just convert them into novelizations, publish, and test?

The stories are good.  The writing is good.

And the market is ready for them.

What’s holding me back?

Is it trying to finish out a sci fi series that only puts a couple thousand bucks in my pocket worth it?

I talked about the cost of missed opportunity before- am I really giving up a lot of income because I’m afraid of making a lot of income?

I know that money goes out almost as fast as I can make it.

Or at least that’s how it feels.

The thing is, I can always make more, so I don’t worry about it.

In the meantime, financial security feels just out of reach, as if it’s an “If you only you do this” proposition.

I’m writing all of this to share my fears in hopes that if you’re afraid of trying something new, of pushing yourself, you’ll quit waiting and do it.

Because that’s what I’m doing.

Finishing the romance books and putting them out there. Let the readers decide and share some of that big romance market pie with me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series