What are you reading right now?



I got caught again.

I drive with the radio off and any time someone hops into my truck, they ask about it.

My kids think it’s weird.

Others think I’m weird.

Maybe I am.

But I like to think.  Sometimes all the noise in the world, the chattering heads on the radio, the sometimes great lyrics songwriters can make, all it if combines and conspires to block out my own thoughts.

I can solve world problems in silence.

I can plot and outline and consider.

I can plan and pray and do a hundred other things, including dredging up old songs with misheard lyrics that stick tight as earworms.

With a rebel yell, I cry more more more.

I like to create big problems just so I can think of solutions.

How to cure the Covid Crisis. How to make money fast. How to solve world hunger.

I get mad at politicians because they are all crooks. I think about that too.

And then I get home and take action.

I write Congress. I write CEO’s. I tweet and tag. I send letters to the Mayor and to the Governor. I try to offer solutions.

Sometimes they respond.

But they never listen.

Their radio is probably too loud.

I do listen to music when I write though.

The volume is so low, it’s like white noise in the background, just enough to drown out the sound of cars driving by, or the neighbors mowing or planes flying overhead.

None of those really disturb me, but maybe if I like music when I write and silence when I think, it means I don’t think when I’m writing?!?

What I do think about is you though. I hope you’re well. I hope you’re safe.

And you’re thinking about all this noise going on in the world right now and how to plan your two or three hour escape with something good to read and something cold to drink.

I can help if you haven’t picked up LUNAR HUSTLE yet.  Grab it free today.  I’ll have another one for you next week.

Until then, keep your head on a swivel and the radio tuned to what makes you happy and want to dance.

Cheers,

Chris

There’s a song by Ashley McBride, an Arkansas singer, called ONE NIGHT STANDARDS that I’m enamored of right now.

“How it goes is
The bar closes
Ain’t no king bed covered in roses
Just a room without a view”

Dang. Reminds me of ON THE ROAD.

Find some more good stuff to read HERE

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wealth Advantage: Fitness and Finance Strategies for Men 50+

10 Essential Tips for a Healthy Lifestyle: Transforming Your Well-being

Eon Templar - book 3 in the classic sci fi series