Can I have your autograph?
Someone asked me
if I would autograph a book for them.
At first I felt
like looking around to see who they were talking about. Who me? But since the
email was address to me, and it started out like a lot of Dear John letters,
except this one said, Dear Chris, I thought there was a better than average
chance they were asking me.
Hmmm.
I have always had
a book tour planned out in the back of my mind, but a lot of my successful
author friends tell me to just focus on the writing, and spend the gas/hotel
money on getting better covers. (Both of
which I think is excellent advice.)
But one writer
told me she did something that I thought was neat.
If someone wanted
a signed book, she sent them to her FB page on Messenger and they worked it out
there.
Turns out, she
was on to something because I responded to the email, and after making sure it
was meant for me (it was!) we hooked up in FB and now, a signed copy of my book
is on the way to her.
Then I remembered
a gift I got from a friend in 1989. It
was a copy of a book by Matt Groening. You may remember him from The Simpsons?
He wrote an inscription at a signing, dictated by my friend, and I got it as a Christmas
gift.
Which made me
think: hey, Christmas is coming up.
So just putting
it out there. If you want to hook up with me on FB click here.
If you think you
want an autographed copy because more books are coming out, and I'm trying to
make a movie/tv series from some of them, and it might be kind of cool, hit me
up on Facebook Messenger
If you think it's
not for you, no worries. Cause I've got
another treat for you soon.

Comments
Post a Comment