Discipline is Free - A micro-guide to making your dream happen



The only thing standing between you and what you want is you.

Have you ever heard of the goal setting expression quote gun to your head unquote moment?

It means how would you reach your goal and the shortest amount of time possible if you had a gun to your head. It is an exercise designed to make you think out of the box and come up with solutions you might not normally think of.

Often small business owners use it as a way to think about revenue or growth or how to reach a monetary goal.

But what if I told you the secret was discipline.

This secret formula is proven over and over again and if you took him on it and think about it and reflect you would discovered that discipline is the key to anything.

Let's say you want to lose 20 lb. You could wish it away. The law of attraction States if you focus on your goal hard enough the universe and God will reward you by giving you that gold. Do it right now. Wish on a start to lose 20 lb.

Did it happen?

If it did, that is amazing. Bottle that up and sell it. Start wishing for world Peace right away. Literally no more Warren the world. End famine. And poverty. Turn your powerful wish magic on for the good of the world.

But chances are your simple wish to lose 20 lb didn't happen in and instant.

What the universe wants from you is discipline.

That's go back to your 20 LB magic gold.

If you think about it all of the time and have it at the four front of your mind then you may make better decisions to contribute to losing your 20 LB.

You may skip a bag of chips. You may skip dessert. You may drink more water. You may walk one mile. You may do a push-up or 10.

If you are constantly thinking about losing weight then you're actions might lead you to lose weight.

Notice how I said might.

Might is not discipline. But discipline will make you mighty.

Let's look at those actions. If you set a goal to lose 20 lb and discipline yourself to eliminate empty calories such as a bag of chips and dessert, and you make it a practice of not eating those things. The lack of calories and contribute to you losing 20 LB.

Water is a great weight loss tool that is under utilize. If you said a goal to lose 20 lb and drink 1 oz of water per pound of body weight per day and follow it on a consistent schedule for a defined period of time, it will contribute to you losing weight.

Same thing with walking a mile. If you use discipline to walk 1 mile every single day in a define period of time, you will lose weight. That simple caloric expenditure or using more calories than you eat.

A push-up will build lean muscle tissue in your upper body. Rather more than one push-up will bills Hurley muscle tissue in your upper body, but if you do push-ups every single day for a defined. It can contribute to you losing the 20 LB.

Come by and all of those disciplined together and done as a daily ritual then you can compress the time frame to reach your goal.

It seems like we're focused on weight loss but discipline can apply to any gold you set in your life.

For example my side business is being an offer. My main businesses owning a publishing company. In my side business I make money when I write book and market them. Those are two separate activities, eat requiring a specific goal or goals that need discipline to reach.

I want to write a new series in a new genre. The average book in that series is 50000 words long and to reach the monetary goal I think I can for this particular genre I need to have nine book in the series.

I know that if I limit distractions and block off time I can write 12000 words per day.

I know I have 3 days per week that I have on interrupted blocks of six hour times.

I can use discipline to write in that time frame to reach my $12,000 goal for the day and literally complete a book in first draft form in 4 days.

I can run that book through spell check and grammar check and send it off to and editor and proof reader while I use the next 3 days in my block off schedule to write the next book.

Practice. Rent. Repeat. Discipline is the key to getting it done.

I have to sit down at the keyboard every single day during my blocked off time..

Book writing is just one example of a gold that requires consistent discipline.

But you can literally use discipline to reach any gold. Or do anything.

Several years ago I wanted to run a marathon. I made the decision and begin running everyday. At first, I was 20 to 30 lb overweight working 14 15 hour days and my evening meal consisted of whatever I picked up on the way home from work plus up beer or two sitting in front of the couch and watching Netflix.

I decided those have it and that way of living we're not contributing to me reaching my marathon goal.

So I change them. I stop by and take out on the way home from work and instead bought 5 bag of salad and 5 cans of tuna at the grocery store.

Then when I came home from work the first thing I did was change into running clothes and go for a run.

At first I couldn't run 1 mile.

So I marked off a half mile point from my house and I ran as fast as I could to that one to that half mile point. The first day I probably didn't make it 100 yards. But I kept walking to the half mile point and turned around and walked back.

The next day I ran 105 yards. Maybe. But I walked to the halfway point turned around and walked back

And I did this everyday running further each day until I could run a half a mile and turn around and run a half mile back.

All this while I was eating a very convenient dinner of salad and tuna.

When I was able to run the distance of one mile without stopping, I marked appoint that was one and a half miles from my home.

And then I repeated the process.

Noticed that my game wasn't double from one mile to to miles. It what from one mile to 3 mi.

And even though it felt like starting over because I could run 1 mile out but further than that was tougher. I had to walk back.

I use discipline until I could run the distance.

By the time I was able to run the complete 3 miles, my ability to run longer distances had increased exponential. I was able to move from a 5k distance which is 3.1 miles in a row grace to 1/2 marathon distance which is 13.1 miles.

Discipline allowed for more than double growth.

So far we talked about how you can use discipline to change your body, or help you reach a goal like riding a book. Or in my case 52 books on Amazon which you can grab right now from a list of the back.

The same principal of discipline applies to Revenue Grove.

Now if you work a customer service job you might not be in a position to grow your income due to company and corporate infrastructure. I have a friend who works at the hospital who will never get more than a 2.5% raise in 1/8 you will..

In an annual. Time frame.

However she was able to move from one position in the hospital to a different position in the hospital with more upside growth in the pay range giving her an option to move up even further even if it only stuck at 2.5% for year.

But she wanted more.

So she use the principle of discipline to allocate her time and take on more responsibility for her director, which led to her director relying on her, and singing her praises to the VP and higher ups.

Her diligence and discipline Led two more work responsibility, which literally created a new roll for her in the company.

So much so that her old position was phase doubt and requirements for the new position where created.

The great thing for her was she been doing the job for a year at her lateral pay range movement and when it came time for evaluation and moving up on the pay scale because she had worked with her director to create a new roll within the company, it allowed her to get a 15% rates. A literally move her from the 50s range up to the 60000 Range.

She was satisfied with that move with the potential upside to keep growing for the next several years while she plots and plant her next move.

I have no doubt she has the discipline it take to reach whatever go she sets for herself.

We have talked about discipline as a body changing measure, as a goal reaching measure, is a way to do anything you want to do.

Want to fly a plane? Take flight lessons.

Can't afford flight lessons? Get a side job to save up for flight listens.

Discipline can help you reach that goal.



Need help? Send me a message on Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Devil You Know - The Marshal of Magic